Identifying ways to increase engagement and reach new audiences
A financial services institution was looking to refresh the content it produced around one of its flagship events. Although it was well respected, it had not been getting the level of engagement it wanted. Focused on rewarding and celebrating innovation, the event provides an important platform for the company to connect its corporate client base with expert scientists and cutting-edge ideas.
The company retained New Narrative to provide strategic advice and design a content strategy that not only highlighted the event, but also placed it in the context of broader macroeconomic trends and aligned it with the company’s strategic aims.
Through following n/n’s recommended content strategy, the financial institution reported increased engagement through its social media channels.
Our role included:
- Consulting with the company’s marketing team to gain a thorough understanding of its current marketing effort and resources, identify editorial “white space” that would distinguish content in a crowded field, and advise on best-practice in content marketing;
- Auditing the existing event content published on the company’s website and social media channels, including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube;
- Devising a roadmap for event content that included recommendations for themes, formats, distribution channels and target audience, as well as a publishing calendar;
- Planning strategies for reusing and repurposing the 2019 content for the run-up to the next year’s event;
- Conducting a thorough debrief with the company’s marketing team to discuss outcomes and lessons of the content campaign, as well as providing strategic advice on future event marketing.
The engagement delivered the client a strategy that it was able to implement quickly and efficiently using its existing resources, and that had an immediate impact on the success of its marketing efforts.
In addition, the content strategy provided a framework on which the company can continue to build and advance its content marketing efforts around this and other strategic events.