Ensuring an insightful video series spoke directly to a specialised audience
A global investment bank wanted to create a series of videos for CFOs in Asia that showed how to overcome the region’s main transaction banking challenges. The videos were to feature the bank’s subject matter experts (SMEs) and senior managers drawn from its blue-chip corporate client base in Asia.
The bank engaged n/n to interview its SMEs and clients on a range of transaction banking topics, and from those interviews create scripts and storyboards that would serve as the basis for a thought leadership video series.
The scripts needed to distil technical and detailed discussions into clear, concise and informative messages that would work well in visual media, providing a platform for the bank to share its treasury services expertise and solutions.
n/n’s role included:
- Interviewing the bank’s SMEs on the relevant treasury topics to provide talking points that would form the basis of subsequent discussions with clients
- Interviewing senior management from the bank’s corporate clients to uncover insights for the videos
- Writing scripts that incorporated commentary from the SMEs and clients, while also ensuring they delivered key messages and reflected the tone and approach of the interviewees
- Researching data that could be used in the video to provide quantitative support to the key themes
- Working with the bank’s video production team to ensure scripts met the requirements for filming
By choosing New Narrative for this project, the bank knew that the time spent with time-poor SMEs and demanding clients would be fully utilised to get the required insights on the first attempt, and that they would be able to produce informative and credible videos that met the bank’s strategic and marketing goals.